PHYSICAL AND PERFORMANCE THERAPY
"FOR THE ATHLETE IN EVERYONE"
"FOR THE ATHLETE IN EVERYONE"
At Athletes Lab physical therapy isn't just about rehabilitation after surgery. We want to help the athlete with prevention and overall growth in their performance. Physical Therapists have a doctoral knowledge of the way to body should be physically moving and will help all of our athletes be able to warm-up, cool down and maintain strength through training and game play. The Performance Therapy side of Athletes Lab is designed to work with our Strength and Conditioning Program. Developing strong habits as youth athlete will serve the athlete well as they prepare and play at the NEXT LEVEL.
DR. CHELSEA LINEBERGER
DPT, FAAOMPT, CF-L1: DUKE UNIVERSITY
Dr. Lineberger is a physical therapist, fellowship trained manual therapist, and CrossFit Level 1 trainer. She grew up in Sherrills Ford, NC and is excited bring her skills closer to home to serve the community that gave so much to her growing up.
She attended Appalachian State University and graduated in 2014 with a degree in Exercise Science, then attended Duke University for her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree, finishing in 2017. Shortly after PT school, Dr. Lineberger was accepted into a fellowship in orthopedic and manual physical therapy to refine her skills and continue her pursuit of providing excellent care. She has experience treating patients of all ages and abilities, as well as conditions and diagnoses ranging from head to toe. She has special interest in headaches & jaw pain (TMD), the foot & ankle and athlete performance.
Dr. Lineberger lives in Maiden, has a practice in Denver, NC and she will be working at The Lab Performance Therapy specializing in Athlete Performance.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
PARKING: The Center is located at 20. East Main Street: Maiden, NC 28650. You can park on Main Street or back behind the building. Please enter through the main entrance on Main Street. The PT will come get you at your scheduled appointment time.
Prior to attending your first appointment with Dr. Lineberger please complete this intake form. All information will be kept confidential between you and Dr. Lineberger.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT:
INITIAL CONSULTATIONS: ($108/members and $135/non-members)
- For new patients or new plans of care. This consultation will be an opportunity for an individualized evaluation of your concerns, as well as an initiation of treatment. You’ll leave with an understanding of the problem, a plan for treatment, and your home plan so you can continue to make progress outside the clinic.
- These sessions are designed to help the athlete address the normal aches and pains that come along with consistent training, or want to take care of their body to take their performance to the next level. This option allows patients to choose the length of treatment to suit their needs. These sessions may include a variety of recovery and treatment techniques such as mobility work, soft tissue work, dry needling, cupping, spinal manipulation, as well as exercise prescription and modification as needed.
- At follow-up sessions we will make an assessment of progress, as well as continue our test & retest model to be sure we are continuing to move in the right direction. We will progress treatment, movement and make sure your concerns are addressed from all angles.
- Movement tailored specifically for your mobility, strength, and flexibility needs in order to return to sport or activity.
- Use of non-medicated needles and electrical stimulation to improve tissue mobility and reduce pain
- Hands on techniques like cupping and soft tissue work, including joint mobilization of the upper and lower extremities.
- Techniques to improve joint mobility and reduce pain.